We finally arrive at the Fach Klinik this afternoon. To those of you who think from the title of the this post that we are at a fertility clinic, I say, that is entirely incorrect. This clinic specializes in the treatment of cancer, specifically for those people for whom the conventional medical system has not found an answer. While we have only been here a few hours, I can tell already that these people are passionate about what they do.
This morning we had a great breakfast at the hotel in Munich, walked to the main train station a couple of blocks away with our bags and hopped a train back to the airport at Frankfurt. There we were met by a smiling young lad with a sign. He took us to his car and drove us to the clinic. Our first experience with the autobahn was fairly positive. While the speeds are quite fast (our driver seem a little mad that the volume of cars on the road prevented him from going any faster than 165km/h) the drivers seem good and most of the cars (Audis, Volkswagons and BMWs) are in good shape. OUr driver was quit most of the ride but seemed really enthusiastic when we started asking about cars. He told us about one particularly important piece of German philosophy: (his words) "the most important child of the German man is his car, second is his children and third is his woman". Judging by the number of fancy cars here, I think that philosophy might just be true.
Once we arrived at the clinic we were given a tour, showed our room and promptly escored off for our (my) first treatment here. I went straight to the local hyperthermia room for an hour. I came out an hour later with a right lung cooked medium/well and my veins coursing with Vitamin C and B. Following that we met with a very nice physician who's third or fourth language was english. He took my medical history and did an exam. I'm sure the entire process would have looked to someone peering in through the window more like a game of charades than a medical interview. In the end all the pertinent data was collected and we headed off for supper. The evening meal was very good and I can tell we will be well fed here. Lots of fruits and vegetables with a great salad bar and even a juicing station!
Tomorrow I have an appointment for more local hyperthermia and vitamin treatments. I will also meet with the man himself, Dr. Herzog. I'm also looking forward to getting out to explore Bad Salzausen and perhaps take some pictures. It seems like a very pleasant little town. I'll try to post a few pictures now from our Castle tour yesterday.
Tutt out.
1 comment:
So exciting Dan! Please keep posting.I love and appreciate how you make the most of every situation. Love the pics!
Wafa
Post a Comment