www.flickr.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Test Confirms It

This picture is off the web but it shows the same kind of image the doctors saw this morning when they did the sineogram.

The test doesn't lie. It was obvious from the sineogram I had this morning that my drain is in fact in communication with my small bowel. I had a good view of the monitors from my somewhat exposed position on the table and it was obvious even to me that the dye was not confined to the abscess, but was free to spread into my small intestine. The lack of dye in the area of my rectum indicated that the old fistula may have closed. It could also mean that the dye just followed the path of least resistance and went into the small bowel when in fact the sinuous fistula connected to my rectum is still open. Who knows? Now I have to wait for a call from Dr. Buie to discuss the results and come up with a plan. I hope he calls today but I'm not holding my breath. I expect to hear from him early next week. Until then it's business as usual.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Is it a bad thing that the drain is in communication with your small bowel?

Your post the other day about hope was so thought provoking. Thank you!

Take care of yourself and your family.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

I`m also confused. Give us more details.
Keep going
MS