www.flickr.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Best day yet

Today has been a good day, probably even the best post-op day yet. Penny brought me some greasy hash browns for breakfast which seemed to start things off right. My body seems to be craving grease and salt. My diet over the past 24 hours has consisted of plain Lay's potato chips, McDonald's fries and a cheeseburger and to drink, Gatorade. It sounds terrible but the salt and/or grease has done my body good as my ileo output has decreased markedly. I can't wait to tell the drs in the morning about my greasy secret to success.

I had my X-ray session today to determine if my drain is placed in the optimal spot. I don't have any results from that yet but I'm optimistic it will be good news. The X-ray folks took their time and went out of their way to be sure that I wasn't in any pain.

I'll let you all know tomorrow about what the plans are going forward with the drain.

As usual thanks for all the support in the form of food, blog comments, emails and visitors. Its been great to feel your support during these past few difficult weeks.

5 comments:

Astrid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Astrid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Astrid said...

Dan proves Supersize Me guy wrong ... you can survive on McDonalds!

Anonymous said...

Hi again, great new photos on the flickr site. I really like the one of Carly sipping away on apple juice, and Andrew playing with the "toys". Have a good rest. I am hoping tomorrow will be EVEN better than today!!
Love
Gill

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan !

Just getting caught up on your blog and am absolutely amazed at what a super-trooper you are.

I greatly admire your strength and positive outlook, and the geek in me is fascinated to read all of your detailed descriptions of the treatments you have had.

Wishing and hoping your recovery is speedy and complete. What a blessing it must be to have someone so terrific as Penny to help you through the whole deal.

By the way, your children look so happy. Someone must be doing a great job!

All the best,

Phil G