www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Home



I'm home. It's great but no miracle solution to this terrible numbness and inability to function properly. The feeling is coming back SLOWLY maybe, but I'm still severely mobility restricted. If you saw me try to get around the house and perform rudimentary daily tasks you'd be sad at the sheer lack of ability. I can only just get to the bathroom myself, get in and out of bed myself and get around the house by wheel chair or walker or cane. It's supremely sad. Now layer on the fact that I still have some advanced cancer and it doesn't seem to be letting up and you have one dude and his family in a fairly crappy psychological place. So thank you to all of those who have visited, looked after kids, brought meals, offered support and information and just generally been awesome friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
Hope you feel better soon. Your family is amazing, give you tremendous support and love that you need. Reading every day your blog and how are you positive, I can`t find any words to describe. You are my hero in all way! Keep positive as you always and I wish you the best and fast recovery from your surgery.
Big hug from MS

Anonymous said...

fuck. that is all. fucking god-damn cancer.
thinking of you and your crew.
lots of love,
heidi, mike, sophie, & aida

Anonymous said...

This is just so shitty. I can't even describe how I feel for you guys right now. We will always be there for you, no matter what.

Love Brian & Vicky xo