I've written two other blog posts today but haven't posted either. One had details about all the doctors and services I had to see today, and the other was a dark, grammatically challenged dissertation on how cancer has negatively affected my family's life. In reality what I want to post is somewhere in between the two. You know a touch of practiced fact mixed in with some assaulting commentary on the reality of a terminal cancer diagnosis. I'm not sure I'll ever get close.
Today I talked with neurosurgery: "everything went went perfectly - you are ready for discharge today", Occupational therapy: "we'll order you the supplies and devices you need for home - you are ready for discharge tomorrow", Physiotherapy: "to go home you need to be able to get in and out of bed, get in and out of your house, get in and out of the shower, and use the bathroom - there will be a test tomorrow and then you are ready for discharge" and outpatient care: "let us know what you need when you get home and we can help you out as needed". I still need to ditch my pain medication pump and get onto oral pain meds before I'm discharged which means I could be here until Wednesday but we'll see what tomorrow holds.
I also got to spend the day with my awesome wife. It's times like these you really know you married the right person. Thanks for today Penny. I love you more than you know.
Thanks also to our friends who have reached out to support us in every way possible. You are the best.
2 comments:
She is amazing, and so are you… sending much love, N, A & H xxx
You are both the most amazing and awesome people I know! xoxo
love Vicky
Post a Comment