We got some not-so-good results from my latest CT scan last week. It turns out the nodules in my lungs have grown with the largest being in the 4-5 cm range (think golf ball size). There are also a bunch of other large nodules (think big marbles) that also grew. There was also suspected spread to lymph nodes near the bronchi/heart/lungs which obviously is not great. SO we cancelled our plans to go to Oregon and I did some chemo today and will do more after a couple of weeks in BC. I'm also doing a bone scan tomorrow to check out if there is any spread to my ribs and pelvis where I've had some pain for the past month or so.
Not good news really but not entirely unexpected, just hoped to delay this shit for another year or ten. Back on the cancer juice today, cycle 48 or 49. The nurse knows where to put my needle in just by the scarring over my port.
I've included some pictures from my scan last week showing the location and size of some of the tumours. It's a little scary to think I have that shit in my lungs and I can't even feel it. These images are slices through my body. You are looking at them as though you are standing at the foot of my bed looking up towards my head, so my right lung is actually on the left side of the images below.



5 comments:
Dan,
I`m sorry to hear that. Be positive and I wish your chemo will be kill this ugly nodules.
Big hug from MS
Dan,
Would it be inappropriate blog content for me to post the string of profanities I just spouted off after reading this? I think you'd be proud! I'm so sorry to hear this news buddy.
Thinking of you and the fam.
Heidi
xxoo
PS This made me laugh so hard...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8762zEOkSo
Ugh, sorry to hear this news. Thanks for sharing the scans. You are right, very strange that the tumors are in your body and you can't feel it. I recently also had a CT scan and was seriously freaked out that they would see something besides what they were looking for. I can imagine, how nerve wracking it is each time you get results.
DAM DAM DAM!
Shit. That's all I can think of to say right now. I'll talk to you guys when you get back from BC. Love you both always.
Vicky
Post a Comment