www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vacation and Back to Reality

We just got back from a great time on the island with my parents. The kids went out a week early while I did chemo and then Penny and Brad and I joined them. Penny and I were a little down so it was great to be waited on at the all-inclusive Mum and Dad resort. We had visits from a couple of Calgary families, and did lots of hanging out at the beach. I managed to get a night away with each of the older kids camping at Sidney Spit. It's in Gulf Islands national park just a 20 minute walk-on ferry ride from Sidney. We pack gear for a night and had a blissful evening in the sun on the beach before crashing in the tent. Both kids (and I!) had a blast and we we can't wait to do it again. We also got a chance to visit with my cousin Mike and his family from New Brunswick whom we hadn't seen in many years. Uncle Matt also made an effort to come and and visit and spend time with us. The kids sure love him. I think their favourite thing this time was Uncle Matt's remote controlled car that he let them try. Up island in Comox we saw Dave and Ashley and had a relaxing time there where Carly was introduced to Sig Star, a karaoke-like video game that she loved (I see one in our future…). As always our time there seemed too short and now it's back to the reality of life in Calgary.


Carly at Sidney Spit


Andrew at Sidney Spit


Family Portrait - fail


White bottom 

Penny and Brad


Uncle Matt and Brad


Grandparents and Grandson


No comments: