www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Zealand Day 1

I took a lot of pictures on our trip to New Zealand. A lot. So instead of doing a quick upload of the greatest hits, I thought I'd post one day at a time so I can spend time writing a few captions and you can stop back over the next few weeks knowing the likelihood of seeing something new on a daily basis is quite high (well higher than before anyways). I didn't post many pictures during the trip as I didn't want to spend undue lengths of time on the computer. This trip was about seeing people and places and spending quality time, not about updating my Facebook status. So, here is a selection of pictures from day 1 of our trip to NZ:

We're Here!
Andy and Harry and Nicky met us at the Auckland airport after a long flight from Vancouver. We left Vancouver Wednesday night and arrived in Auckland on Friday morning. So much for Thursday! Photo by Nicky.


Custom Sign
Custom Sign by Harry. Photo by Nicky.


Tramp Action!
After a brief nap in the morning we were up and at it on our first day in Auckland. We spent a lot of time that day and every other day in Auckland on that trampoline at the Wurrs house.


Penny and Nicky
Beautiful ladies at a beautiful lookout near Mission Bay in Auckland. This was the first day in a long string of days with perfect weather.


Everyone but Penny
Taking in the scenery near Mission Bay in Auckland. Photo by Penny.


Auckland Skyline
From a park near Mission bay in Auckland


Just the 3 of us
At the beach in Mission Bay. Photo by Nicky.


Andy and Harry
Splashing dad. photo by Nicky.


Heavy load and sailboats. Photo by Nicky.



Harry, tongue out
photo by Nicky


Andrew, Carly and Harry
The three of them played very well together. Photo by Nicky.


Carly, sand dollar
Photo by Nicky


The Tutts with Rangitoto in the background. Photo by Nicky.


Hanging out on the beach at Mission Bay



Beach



Auckland harbor landscape



Auckland Skyline through the trees



Rangitoto from a different lookout near St. Helliers
The polarizing filter caused the different colors of blues in the sky. Not sure what I can do about that.


Wrong Way
This dude was paragliding right over the houses at St. Helliers. I'm sure one wrong move and he would have crashed through someones window.


Watching TV in character



The ladies



Supper time!



Auckland Clan together


No comments: