www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year!

This post is a little late in coming. It's been a busy 10 days going from Comox to Sidney to Calgary and then back to work/school. You can say all that stuff pretty fast in one short sentence but man did it take a lot of work to plan and execute it all. Our trip to the island was fun as usual. We drove out to save a little $ since airfares were ridiculous. The kids travelled well and we planned stays on the way out and back at hotels with pools so the kids always had something to look forward to after a long day of sitting in the car. We encountered some bad weather in the passes but not being pressed for time we were able to go slowly and modify our plans as needed.

The break was nice but now it's back to school/work/cancer fighting. I went for a scan today at the Foothills. It went really smoothly. They let me take my telebrix (the contrast you have to drink for 2 hours before the test) back to the office so I could go to a meeting. I showed up back at the hospital and they whisked me right in and right out in no time. I won't get the results until Monday but I feel pretty positive. Fingers crossed. Not much else to report. Lots of new pictures on flickr so feel free to have a look there. They tell the tale of our trip to Mexico better than words anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been in our thoughts constantly Dan - we're hanging out & hoping to hear some good news next week. A,N & H :-)

Anonymous said...

Ditto to A,N & H. Love G.