GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!Penny and I went to see Dr. Lupichuck today to get the results from my latest CT scan. This is probably the most nervous we've been before getting results ever (except perhaps at the very start of this journey!). It had been about 5 months since my last scan with no treatment in that time and only one cycle of chemo in the last ~9 months. The potential for lots of growth and spread was there but in the end it was not to be. The scan showed no new cancer (no spread) either in my lungs or in my liver and it showed that only some of the mets in my lung had grown. The largest one on previous scans (12mm) was unchanged but some of the smaller ones grew a little and some grew a lot. The largest growth was from 6mm to 14mm. In the words of the radiologist: "some of the nodules are unchanged and some have increased in size". Penny, Dr. Lupichuck and I all agreed that this was great news. It is obvious that this cancer is slow growing. Yahoo!
In other news, Carly pulled out her own tooth tonight. She just decided it was time (it was hanging on by a thread). To make things even better, I got it on video, but alas, it is too large to post here. I will post some pictures on flickr in it's stead. I wonder what the going rate for a tooth is miss tooth fairy?
13 comments:
So happy for you Dan!!! I can only imagine the relief you and Penny are feeling at this point after your appointment today ...And your family and friends and everyone who follows along with your journey. Still sending you positive vibes, as always! As for the tooth fairy rate, please post when you determine consensus as I'll be in the same boat shortly here with William :)
You guys rock!
-Marnie
p.s. You may snicker at the randomness of the Word Verification characters for this comment entry... it's "anses" but with the flourishy font I swear it reads "arses". harhar.
We are overjoyed & overwhelmed - such fantastic news for you all, and for everyone who loves you all so much. Sending our love to all of you, big smiles over here in NZ (not as cool as Carly's new smile though).
Woohoo!!
That`s amazing news!!! I`m so happy for you guys, keep going a kick this cancer s soon.
I think tooth fairy will be 2x or 3x more rate because she pulled out by herself..
Nice picture Carly:)
Big hug from MS
Woot! Fist pump. That's awesome. Really really great news.
Fantastic news Dan and Penny! Yahoo!! Good job on pulling out your own tooth Carly. Thata girl!
Vicky xo
Awesome, fantastic, fabulous news!!! Great way to start off 2012! I have to agree, the tooth fairy definitely doubles or triples her rate for kids that do the pulling themselves :)
x Sabrina
Awesome news! So happy for you guys!!
Way to go Carly
When Jamie and Em lost 2 teeth at once the TF left $5. One tooth and it was spare change...almost $2 I think. They actually like getting a ton of coins no matter what they are worth just to put in the piggy bank. Funny! I agree that more should be left for self-extraction:-)
BTW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Great news! Awesome!
Heidi, Edmonton
Awesome news!! So happy for you guys!
Looks like you had lots of fun on your trip--you all look so healthy and happy in the pictures!
Emma, Geneva
Excellent Dan! Keep it up.
Dennis Callan
Good news Dan and Penny! The cancer is slowing and all the work you did with the clinic in Germany and chemo is showing! Keeping up the battle will help win this war!
PS - I always doubled the usual amount from the TF for self-extraction! Way to go Carly!
Good news is GOOD!
No pile of people is more deserving.
Tooth Fairy Lore at our house:
The front teeth are worth more so the front two top and bottom were 5 bucks, (which because they are the first ones it makes it more special....for me;) the rest were $2. What ever works.
Keep loving each other with patience!
Deana
Post a Comment