One Foot in Front of the Other
I don't know what happened but something definitely was not right these past few days. Just when I was supposed to be recovering from chemo, I got worse. Headaches, nausea, chills, sweats, fever and intense fatigue. I'm sure it was a flare up of the same drain/abscess issue I've been dealing with since day one. In a bid to self diagnose and medicate (I find myself doing this often now - for better or worse) I switched antibiotics, tried to keep hydrated, slept and just generally felt like crap all the while debating the merits of spending a night at the Foothills Hospital hotel. I seem to be better today but the experience has re-awakened me to the pitfalls of a chemo-induced suppressed immune system. It has made me value the time away from chemo that I had this summer. I'm not sure if I'll be in good enough shape to get back on the horse next Tuesday but we'll see. Until then it's one foot in front of the other.
1 comment:
Hope you feel better soon buddy.
xo
Post a Comment