After my last post I returned to the hospital and met with Dr Lupichuck again. She had time that day to sit down with a radiologist at the foothills that specializes in chest radiology and go over my scan. His interpretation was much the same as that of the first radiologist but with much more detail. He thought that I had maybe 12 or 13 nodules spread over all 3 lobes of both lungs. This is the same number that were identified in one of the scans I had about a year ago. All of the nodules appeared to have undergone moderate growth in the order of 10-20% in diameter. He concurred with the first radiologist that there were no new nodules anywhere else in my body, including my bones, which is a very good thing. Dr Lupichuck also commented that this type of cancer tends to be more aggressive for some reason in young adults than in older people, but for me this didn't seem to be the case. I take these results mostly as good news. The growth is bad but not excessive and the fact that there are no new spots anywhere else is a relief.The difficult decision of what to do regarding treatment still remains. I know I will have to go back on chemotherapy at some point - that is a given - but I have a hard time knowing if now is the time. I would really like to stay off it for another 6 weeks so that I can enjoy the summer travels we have planned without having to travel back here for chemo or worry about barfing in a lake. But is staying off it now going to make things worse later on? I suppose only time will tell. What to do? What to do...
4 comments:
Very good news, Dan! Good luck making the decision on timing - and remember that whatever you decide is right for you and your family is ultimately the right decision.
All the uncertainty with this disease is frustrating to say the least. Whatever decision you make, trust that it is the right one and kick ass!
That is great news and I'm so glad you got more details. Hope the right decision comes to you without too much worry.
That is really great news Dan. Good luck with your decision and I agree with everyone else...whatever you decide will be the right decision for you and your family. Trust yourself.
The Batchelors
Post a Comment