We spent this Canada Day long weekend at writing-on-stone campground in southern Alberta. We went with Penny's brother James, his wife Gill and their kids, Jamie and Emileigh. So far, I have to say this is my favourite place in Alberta to camp. It had lots of activities and the fact that we had great weather didn't hurt it's ranking either. The one down side is one that I've never experienced before. Growing up in BC and Vancouver in particular the one reliable problem one runs into when camping is rain. Not so at Writing-on-Stone. The problem there was pollen or seeds or whatever that cotton-like stuff is the poplar trees shed at this time of year. There was so much of it. Jamie and I had allergies but the worst part was that it stuck to everything. It got in your food, your beer, into your clothes, eyes and mouth. It got stuck on the barbecue on the truck and even to the chains on our bikes. It was seriously annoying. The petroglyphs are pretty cool and the interpretive centre is fantastic. We didn't pay to do the guided tour and access the off-limits to the public rock art but if you go it's probably worth the money and the time if you don't have little ones around with short attention spans. But, besides the fluff and a few pesky skeeters, the weekend went well.
Tomorrow is my checkup and CT scan results with Lupichuck. I will report the results here ASAP. Fingers crossed.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Writing-On-Stone Canada Day long weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your photographs are amazing Dan! I loved looking through them and will add Writing-On-Stone to my list of places to visit. So glad to hear that you guys had a great time!
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your tips, we`ll go there it`s beautiful.
MS
Pictures turned out amazing. I'm wishing I went with you to catch the sunsets. Beautiful. Also glad you caught us smiling coming in after our canoe wipe-out/garage sale. Not sure I was smiling much on the inside!! Still , to quote Emileigh, it was THE BEST camping trip EVER!
Post a Comment