This summer our computer died. We debated what to get as a replacement and eventually ended up switching up our Dell for a Mac. So far I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. I think most of my frustration comes from being so used to running a PC. I'll give it a little more time before I weigh in with my official review but for now I'm not satisfied that a mac is worth twice the price of a PC.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Its been a while
I don't know why I haven't updated in so long. I think part of the reason was the timing. We got back from a six week tour of BC, to find that the weather here in Calgary was crap and I was facing an indefinite sentence of slow chemical poisoning by chemotherapy. Summing up all the fun stuff we did this summer on the blog while having little to look forward to was a little too depressing. So I just avoided it altogether. I think I'm over that situation now. Chemo still sucks but now that all the kids stuff (school, play school, swimming, music and dance) has started there is lots to keep me busy. I find that distraction is the most effective method of making the time pass while I'm on chemo. I've also found a couple of unconventional drugs that help with the nausea; one is a prescription drug and the other is not. I only need to take them in the first day or two after my treatment when the nausea is worst and after that it gets more bearable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome back to the blogging world! Good to hear from you. So sorry that you are feeling so blue - hope that improves. In my true fashion, I have a great song to share with you.
It's by Eddie Vedder who I am certain would be my husband if I hadn't married Mike first. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy6iwP9Ux3A
Lots of love and support,
Heidi & Family
Hey Dan! I just HAD to weigh in on the MAC vs PC thing. I think, possibly, switching from PC to Mac leaves people feeling 'out of control' as a PC has more ability to personalize the way it runs. A Mac is locked in - with little opportunity to fiddle around with settings and such. Eventually, you'll give up and say out loud, "Ah, right, I forgot, Apple already knows what's best for me! Damn them!!" :) Still though, making videos and such is quite easy - maybe set Carly to task!! ;)
Apple philosophy has always been Keep It Stupid Simple. In time when you realise your computer isn't being bogged down by annoying anti-virus/security software, doesn't need to babied and restarted to consistently run smooth you will understand. I administer two office full of Macs, they take care of themselves and require little to no maintenance. For the non-computer geeks, that means no costly trips to BestBuy or Futureshop to have your wallet raped!
:)
"Fingers X'd for Dan and Family!"
Post a Comment