Well I know you've all been wondering how things went yesterday. Would you believe Dan and I have been too! What a day. I can't express how angry (there I'll say it, ANGRY!!) I am with what happend yesterday. Dan is fine, and in the same condition he was when he went to the hospital yesterday, in pain with a drain. Yup, still has a drain. Dan was under for all of 20 minutes. The Dr's did 'something' and he awoke to a nurse telling him he was staying over night. Dan and I waited all day (11pm) to find out nothing. No plan. No known reason for staying in the hospital, not knowing why he still had a drain. Dr Buie was operating until 8:30pm last night. Long day for him no doubt. However he snuck out of the hospital before coming to see Dan. The resident making the rounds this morning finally filled Dan in.
Apparently the hole was so small (WE KNOW!) it was hard to find. Dr. Buie thought another glue treatment was in order. So Dan's at the hospital again today, waiting to get another glue treatment. We are so confused. Most of you will recall the MANY attempted glue treatments in August and Septmember. Weekly trips with weekly failures. The problem is the area is so damaged from radiation that it just doesn't want to heal. Add to that the chemo drugs Dan has been on which greatly reduce your ability to heal and he should have even less luck this time. I think the most frustrating part of this is not having talked to a Doctor about the course of treatment. Being almost forced into this. It's almost as though Dr. Buie has forgotten that we've tried this, we tried hard to get the glue to work. Trying to fix this little bitty tiny hole has cost us a whole YEAR!
So the update is there basically wasn't any surgery yesterday, there was an exam. Dan as always is in good spirits, though he was ready to yank out his IV last night and check himself out at 11pm. We are hopeful that Dr. Buie is coming to see Dan today, and that he will be home tonight.
This was NOT the plan.
5 comments:
I`m sorry to hear that. I can`t believe why the doctor told you guys Dan will have a drain out surgery? They know what kind of pain he has and what`s the problem with the drain and they can`t do anything unbelievable..I think you have to check out with other doctors or try a nauropath medicine or treatment. This is unacceptable, that`s my opinion.
Here is more info: www.calgarynaturopathic.com
I hope everything will be better soon.
MS
Hang in there you two!
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
That sucks.
Man, that sucks. You two have had enough with the glue already!
Post a Comment