I know I know. I've been delinquent in my posts lately. I've been feeling much better and the weather has been good so most of our days have been spent in a park with the kids. That's my story anyway.
Penny and I met with the hepatobilliary (liver) surgeon on Thursday to discuss my upcoming surgery. He was actually there for my colon surgery and had a feel of my liver when I was splayed (I can't think of a better word) out on the table. He said the two lumps in my liver felt like cancer but he said there is about a 5% chance that its not cancer and is something benign. I'm not holding my breath on that one.
My hope for the meeting was to sign the consent for surgery and start the process of booking a date. In the back of my mind I was aware that he might send me for an MRI or CT scan or some other test to verify my candidacy for surgery. Luckily his attitude was 'lets not waste any more time' so we discussed the surgery and signed the consent. His assistant will call me in the next week or two with my surgery date which, according to him, will be in about a month. So between now and then I have my work cut out for me. I have to put on a bunch of weight (I'm up to 176lbs now) and get myself back in some semblance of shape (As of today I can't do a sit up, touch my toes, or run more than 1 block!).
6 comments:
Way to go with the weight Dan!Running 1 block is awesome,progress is great.
love from Deep Cove
Mum
Well if you feel the same as me after Easter dinner - you're probably up to 190 tonight!!! Happy sleeping with all that turkey seretonin.
Well done on the weight gain Dan! And good news about having a surgery date. Thankfully spring is here, so it will be easier to stay active, in and out of the house.
carly
Well done Dan! you have to eat more McDonalds stuff and gain weight:) I hope everything will be ok with you and you could enjoy the beautiful spring
MS
if it makes you fell any better, I cant see my toes let alone touch them and can only sprint one block and thats if the ice cream truck is at the end.
Weight gain is my expertise, so let me share a few ditties with you! Milk powder in everything (juice, milk, etc.), condensed milk in smoothies, avacadoes all the time (guacamole anyone?), cooking with duck fat (not sure where you would get that, but my parents could probably set you up!!) and full-fat cream in anything that you have milk with. That should get you started! As for running and touching toes - baby steps cousin. Don't over-do it! Glad you saw the surgeon and things are moving along. Sending love, Josephine
Post a Comment