Andrew, unlike Carly at this age, is not scared of anything. Carly listened to her parents attentively and showed an appropriate level of timidity towards potentially dangerous objects and situations. Andrew is the opposite - he loves to do the things he shouldn't, particularly if they're dangerous. He goes straight for the cat food if we leave it on the floor (I didn't tell Penny but I caught Andrew drinking out of the cat's water dish the other day!), if we leave the lid up on the toilet he is the first to put his hand in there and swish it around, and he likes to try and stuff his fingers in the electrical sockets. One of his more worrisome habits is going down stairs (or any incline for that matter) head first. Usually this results in a bump on the head and a bit of a cry. Tonight we were outside and playing on the slide when I literally caught Andrew going down head first. On his first attempt I wasn't within arm's reach (shoddy dadmanship I know) and he landed flat on his face on the grass with a smile! It was no feeble impact either. It was a good nose crusher of a landing. But he seemed to like it so I got him to do it again. This time on camera with a little encouragement from his big sister and a more attentive dad waiting at the bottom.
4 comments:
He's totally going to be the Bungee Jumping naked kind of guy!
He is so funny:) Go Andrew Go :)
MS
Andrew & Alex are exactly the same - today I literally caught Alex right before he began walking down the basement stairs - he's too little to walk down the basement stairs without help -that for sure would not have ended well... he has zero fear of heights, stairs or danger...
Nice jacket slick. Its an oldie, but a goodie.
He should become a good rugby player, diving in head first and fearless.
Post a Comment