www.flickr.com

Friday, March 20, 2009

Under the weather - UPDATED

Well I didn't get a call from Dr Buie last night which means that my WBC and electrolytes are normal. That means that I don't have an infection related to my surgery (very good news) and that my symptoms are likely caused by a cold or flu. In my exam yesterday he didn't find any physical symptoms that suggested an infection either. Penny's mom had a similar cold last week that lasted for about 7 or 8 days. I'm on day 5 so if it's the same thing she had, I have 2 or 3 days to go. Yahoo - I can't wait.

I'm off to Canmore this weekend for a boys trip. The rest of the crew will be drinking and skiing (possibly even in that order) but I plan to stick pretty close to a couch where I can nap haphazardly with complete disregard for anyone other than myself. Hopefully I won't be a downer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun dan! Good to hear there are no more complications! MT

Louise said...

Have fun Dan!!! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend :-)

Louise

RanMan said...

Hey Dan. This is your cousin (once removed). I was stunned when I first learned of your illness at Christmas. On that same occasion, your Uncle David presented us with a DVD of film footage he took at your grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in 1990 on Georgian Bay. The juxtaposition between seeing you in that video when you were about 12 years old and hearing about your illness left me somewhat bewildered. Life is so fragile and our bodies so complex. I admire your bravery in facing your condition, challenging it and hopefully beating it (as all signs seem to point to now). Your positive attitude, the obvious love and support shown by the many friends who have commented on this site, and indeed writing this blog are all very inspirational. I hope your prognosis continues to improve and I hope we will see you and your parents sometime in the near future.

Randy Mangolt