I was checking out our flickr site myself tonight and saw the huge activity it is having daily, and thought I'd better get a few new photos up there for the faithful checkers! There was already 3 viewers before I finished uploading! This photos and another just like it are of the screen they have in the waiting room for surgery patients. It reminds me of the arrival and take off screens they have at airports. It's rather ingenious. Astrid and Stewart joined me to distract me as I waited while Dan was in surgery. The screen shows the patients initials (DT) and their Dr's name (BUIE, W). Dan was bright green, meaning "patient in OR" and then changed to pink "case closing" so they were finished and putting the staples in. They had many more from "PT IN PACU" (patient in patient after care unit) and so on. It took us some time to figure out all the acronyms. Was so great to have the up to the minute information though.
Thanks for checkin' in on us. Make sure you scroll down, Dan posted today too.
4 comments:
Good Morning Dan: I bet the view of downtown is a bit obsured today with all the snow and fog. It is actually quite beautiful if you don't have to drive in it. Everything is ice around our place so I am working from home today - a nice perk to work for The City (a little plug for all your blog readers). I won't be driving into town at all today. I will come to see you tomorrow if you are still there. Hopefully the McD's is kicking into full force today and a discharge is imminent.
Hey Guys! Love the new photos - the kids are getting so big! Dan you look great - I'm sure it helps to have the kids around.
We are so glad to hear that things are looking up - who knew a big greasy burger would do the trick. I have been thinking this for a while now while reading your blog and I just wanted to let you know how inspiring You and Penny are- your faith, love & comittment to one another, your family & life...you warm my heart! And what a wonderful example for Carly & Andrew.
This blog is fantastic (if you ever decide to make a career change you should consider writing)- very thoughtful & poetic.
Love,
Jodi, Aaron, & Ryleigh Dupont
Hi Dan,
I`m so happy that your are feeling better. I have some MD`s coupons if you want or DQ also:) hihi
Supersize yourself and eat a lot of fries. Maybe you could open an own MD`s franchise :)
We have some surplus toys if you want some or the hospital.
Feel better and eat a lot
MS
Dan! Who would have guessed that ol' Micky Dee's would be the ileo output solution? Perhaps you could sell them a new slogan... I'll let your imagination go wild with the options. We could have a competition! Thanks to Penny for putting more photos up! They don't have those screens at the Van General - but I like them! Take care... check your mail...
Love Josephine xoxoox
Post a Comment