Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Going Home!
The doctors pulled my drain out this morning and my PICC (a type special IV central line) will be pulled out before lunch. The doctors are just finishing up my discharge paperwork and the nurses need to sort out my medications and then I can GO HOME! I've spent 23 days in the hospital and undergone some terrible things in that time. It has definitely been the hardest physical and mental exercise of my life. It feels great to have this phase of my cancer treatment done but I know there is more of the same coming down the road. In the next few months I plan to enjoy my time at home and make the best of spring in Calgary. Thanks to all of you for the support over these past weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!:) ade
AWESOME ... get some sleep at home!
Whoooooo Hooooooooo!
Fantastic Dan!!!!
YEAH!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you Dan!!!
Dariela
Good news indeed!
I am so happy for you that your healing is well underway. I continue to admire your courage and congratulate your family for their devotion and support.
(Way to go, Penny ! )
Wishing you speedy recovery and restful nights,
Phil G
Awesome Dan!! So glad you are on the mend.
Lana :)
Yaye!!! Have a great sleep in your own bed tonight!!!
Can't wait to see you all soon!
xo
What an enormous relief! Such a happy day for you and Penny, and your whole family! I remember the day Jesse went home from the hospital; I will never forget it because of the relief, excitment, and amazing feeling of MOVING ON! Good healing and take good care! Love Josephine xoxo
AWSOME AND WELCOME HOME AGAIN:)
Enjoy your own bed, family, kids everything. It will be amaizing to be HOME again:)
Congratulations !
MS
ahhhhhhh! What a relief. Get some rest my friend.
Oh Dan our Brave, Brave Man we are so relieved to hear you will be home safe and sound. Not to mention getting a decent night of sleep. Better times ahead, so proud of you and Penny and all of your team.
Heal, Eat and Rest.
Post a Comment