www.flickr.com

Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 2 complete

I had my ninth radiation therapy treatment today which brings week 2 (of 5) to a close. I'm feeling pretty good although some of the expected side effects have shown up this week. I feel a little more tired at all hours of the day and I have been spending a little more time than I like in the bathroom. As a result, I'm on a special low-fibre diet now. I have to eat only white bread and keep the fruits and vegetables to a minimum. So far its actually quite hard to do.

My Mum and Dad are here now for a short visit from Victoria. They are a great help with cooking, cleaning and the kids which gives Penny and I some much needed relaxation time together sans enfants. Right now they are at the zoo with Carly. I'm sure she's showing them all her favourite things (monkeys, elephants and giraffes) and acting like she owns the place.

Have a great weekend y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
I think I can say that this is my first time as a blogger! Very cool! Particularly liked the Conan video. You are almost half way through the radiation treatments, congratulations and keep on trucking. You will be amazed at how fast 5 weeks can fly by. Best wishes to you the your family. Will keep checking the blog from time to time.
Best wishes,
Mike Dickinson