www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Warm Weather = Trip Outside

Today has been great. The weather here in Calgary has been fantabulous (think 19 degrees and sunny!) so I ventured outside for a walk, twice. I made it to the end of my block and around the corner both times which is way farther than I've made it in the past. Actually since my surgery the only walking I've done has been inside the house or the hospital so today's effort was vastly superior to anything attempted in the past. My mum took a picture so there is some proof that this actually happened...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan you my friend, are inspirational.

Let’s face it, most people in today’s society have no clue what adversity really is. I’m certainly one of those people. If I can’t get my PVR to work properly, I’m sad for days.

When I read your postings, I think here is a guy that is facing adversity that I cannot imagine, and he fights. He fights, he’s upbeat, he addresses it and he’s a warrior in every respect. I know that you’ve seen some dark moments with this, but you fight physically and you fight mentally, and it’s inspirational.

Whenever I encounter something difficult with my own life, and I read your postings, I think “Dan fights, he’s climbing a mountain and he’s fighting, so I can sure as hell fight like he does and get through what I’m doing.”

Maybe this is just the way that you are, and maybe you don’t think twice about it. But make sure you give yourself credit for physical and mental warrior that you are. The fact that this posting begins with “Today has been great.” And it’s a photo of you in a walker after having back surgery to remove a tumor from your damn spine. Do you know how many people in Calgary at this exact moment in their regular lives cannot muster the appreciation for life and say the words “today has been great”. This posting and photo in one moment says it all. You are special and awesome and a fighter and an inspiration and we all love you.

I’m about to spend the rest of my day sitting at my desk and working. But other than kissing my kids goodnight when I get home, there will be nothing more meaningful or important or inspirational that I will do today after reading this posting.

Thank you.

Gill said...

Your anonymous friend has said it well, Dan. Many of us wonder in amazement how you and Penny get through each day. I know its hard (well I imagine its excruciating actually). You both are Inspirational.

Burdine said...

Hey Dan and Penny,
I'm sure people like me who, thankfully, have no clue what your really going through always say the wrong thing. I'm pretty sure I will but I'll try my best not to. You both are truly phenomenal and amazing people who have been dealt an incredibly difficult (and shitty) hand and are fighting your way through it like inspirational champions. I thought I was having a bad week, thought of you and checked your blog to see how you're doing, and instantly reminded myself about what really matters. I hope and pray for the best for you and your family and send the best wishes for your recovery. Thinking of you and best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Dan and Penny,
You are amazing couple and a fighter. Every day I`m checking your progress, how are you feeling, what`s going on with you and your family. There is so much power in NOW. Yesterday prepared you. Tomorrow inspires you. But today is where your experience and expectations come together. You took a walk outside without any help, keep fighting. Today is really where your dreams do what they`re meant to do: begin to come true! Believe yourself, give yourself some credit YOU ARE AMAZING and as we know Yes, YOU CAN DO IT!
MS

Unknown said...

Today was great. I remember my dear, dear friend Dan - a friend that I am honoured to have known. On this dark day in 2020 with the corona pandemic, I am reminded of Dan Tutt, my childhood friend who had the courage to call it as it is - it is a great day. We are living, we have a home, we are healthy. I miss you and think about you often.