It's true. We are heading to New Zealand. We have been looking at this trip for months and finally got a good (great?) deal from air NZ that we couldn't pass up. As some of you know my mum's family is from NZ so I have lots of relatives and friends to visit. The last time Penny and I were there twelve years ago we spent 5 months driving around and camping and visiting and we had a blast (I'll try and dig out a few pictures and post them here). We are excited to be heading back with the kids although for a shorter amount of time. We leave on March 21 (in two weeks!) and return on April 11. That means we get about 10 days in Auckland and 10 days in Christchurch. The schedule is filling up with things to do and people to see but that's great. We can't wait to get going.
It goes without saying that the kids are excited too. We told them about it on day one which at first we thought may have been a mistake but now I'm realizing it was a good thing. They are constantly reminded that if they aren't polite and do their jobs that they might not get to come on the trip. Andrew is thrilled to be going on a plane and when he found out it was bigger than "Mr. Westjet" he was excited. I'm not sure about the 14 hour flight from Vancouver to Auckland though. I think the excitement will wear off after the first hour. Carly has been an angel since we told her about the trip. She is very concerned that the slightest misstep in behavior could result in having to stay home. I almost feel bad at how hard she's trying.
I'm assuming that there will be good internet connections there and we will be able to update the blog with pictures and stories so stay tuned. New Zealand here we come!

5 comments:
It`s funny how kids can behave if there will be a magic and amazing trip as a price:)
Have a wonderful trip and share some photos if you have time.
Big Hug from MS
Great news!! Don't feel bad, we're doing the same and it works like a charm ;p I only regret the last minute nature of Ciara and Mark's trip to Ireland, as I only have two weeks to use it as a carrot!!
x Sabrina
Wow, we'll be there at the same time! We leave March 18th until April 1, camping around the south island, will u be on the south island by then?
Fantastic! One of my favorite places. Wishing you a great flight and awesome holiday.
Have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment