www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Landscape Walkabout February 12

I finally took advantage of the rental counter at The Camera Store this weekend. I picked up a Tokina 11-16mm landscape lens for $25 for the weekend, a steal given that the lens retails for about $750. I had never used one of these before and it shows in my pictures. I had the lens in manual focus mode the whole time but I thought it was in auto focus. Luckily I was using a high f-stop most of the time (large depth of field) so the focus wasn't that important. Here are the best shots of my morning. I'm pretty bad at photoshop so my editing consisted merely of moving random sliders until things looked ok. I can't wait to rent another one and do some more.

Rocks and Mountains and the Moon

 



Cretaceous Belly River outcrop

 



Highway 1

 



Sunny Fence

 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danno Hola!
These pics are amazing.... I really like sunny fence.
Nellie

Couzzie Josephine said...

Dan! Those are amazing photos! You're quite talented, even without the techie stuff. Can't wait to see what happens once you get it sorted. :D
Love Josephine xo

Jen Chmilar said...

Wow, you are a great photographer. I agree, Sunny Fence is beautiful.