www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Scanning, again

Just sitting, waiting for my CT scan at the Sheldon Chumir health centre downtown. I'm getting pretty good at waiting. I've had lots of practice. This facility is great. The waiting room for the diagnostic imaging department is right at street level with lots of huge windows and lots of light. Not at all like the vault in the basement of the Foothills hospital where you feel cut off from the real world. The only irony here is that all the smokers tend to gather right outside the window to puff on their butts. It's pretty disgusting to watch them all cough and spit and hawk loogies while they toke away. If I was a little more outgoing I might venture outside and give them a lecture on the dangers of smoking. But that's not me and I don't want to get in a fight with the tech who is about to give me a scan, so instead I'll just sit here and write about it.

I'm off to Spokane this afternoon for a day to support a family member. With all my bags and drains it could be an interesting time if I get sent through the body scanner at the airport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and have a great trip to Spokane.
MS