www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mayo Clinic Here We Come


Two Pirates, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

I mentioned previously here that we were looking into travelling to the Mayo clinic in Phoenix to get a second opinion about my treatment options. Well, things have finally fallen into place and we have an appointment Thursday morning in Scottsdale. I think I finally got all my paperwork, films, scans, slides and other assorted pertinent medical data out of the vault at the Foothills hospital and sent off to the clinic in Phoenix. I haven't talked with the doctors there yet but they seem to be much more efficient at moving patients and their data around than we are here in Canada. Penny and I fly out Wednesday afternoon and return late Friday just in time to make it to Dave and Katy's wedding in Nanaimo on Saturday. After that we will either be bound for Calgary for chemo next week or back to Phoenix for more testing and treatment. It will be a busy time but we're looking forward to possibly getting more answers, having fun at the wedding and, well we're not looking forward to chemo but it has to be done...

I will provide an update on our travels since Green Lake as time allows. We have a 3 hour layover in Seattle tomorrow so that should be the perfect time!

11 comments:

Louie said...

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

That's great news - we will be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way!

Jodi & Aaron

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Good luck.

Heidi

Nancy and Art said...

Great pictures guys! Looks like a fantastic vacation. Good luck tomorrow!

Nancy and Art

Anonymous said...

Good luck for you guys and have a safe trip
MS

Anonymous said...

That is great news, good luck will be thinking of you
Hugs
Kelly Anne

Unknown said...

Good luck from us as well! Love your pictures, looks like a wonderful summer.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! And seriously busy times for you guys. Enjoy the wedding, always checking in for your updates.

xx Sabrina and co.

Couzzie Josephine said...

Have a safe trip to Phoenix. I hope you get some good info from those folks. And have fun on the weekend! Courtenay is a great place and even more fun when you're celebrating! Sending love, Josephine

Unknown said...

Hope you got back from Phoenix safely and have a great time this weekend!

Leonard

Anonymous said...

Wicked. We're thinking of you guys!
-the Santuccis