www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Breakfast

I'm having a lime slurpee for breakfast. Yum yum. So far this round of chemo is going well but I still have nausea, diarrhea and a metallic taste in my mouth (hence the artificially flavored iced corn syrup concoction for breakfast). It should be four weeks until my next treatment. We plan to enjoy that time in BC spread between Green Lake, Victoria, Nanaimo and Comox. Now we just have to pack. Happy stampeding everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break, hope the weather is good for you. Thinking of you and your family always.
Hugs
Kelly Anne

Christa said...

Have a wonderful relaxing time with your family. Thinking of you guys always,
Christa

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I follow your blog, because I was interested in your story...because of my Mom...This may sound weird, but i just had to tell you...maybe you've heard it before...but just in case...when my mama was going thru treatment all she wanted to eat was sugar and candy and nothing else...that's the only thing she wanted to eat...nothing else tasted good...she would hoard the stuff...

since then i was curious as to why she absolutely refused to eat nutritionally...so i have done some research on that and came up with this: cancer feeds off of sugar. Google it and see what you think...I know its hard when you have no appetite, and you want a pick me up...but please please, please resist that urge to do that...
...Just sayin'...in case there is something to it...

Emma said...

Hey guys! Glad to hear you are heading this way! Any chance of a North Van stop? Otherwise we could come over to the island to meet up with you. Give me a call at my mum's. Hope to see you!

Love Emma

nisha said...

Maybe the kids can finally have a playdate if you are in Victoria in the near future?

Nisha

Unknown said...

Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful summer on the road. What a great way to spend it. Hope the road trip goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute:) Hope the weather will be the best for you guys.
MS

Cuzzie Josephine said...

I am so excited you are coming to the island. I wish I could hog you all to myself, but there are so many others to share you with. That wouldn't be fair to anyone. Hope you have a wonderful time at Green Lake - poor Andrew can't swim... such a shame. I hope the chemo goes OK, or as well as it can. Love the photo of you guys dancing in the kitchen. Sending love - josephine