www.flickr.com

Monday, August 17, 2009

My truant doctor


So I went to the hospital this morning to pick up some supplies (medical supplies are WAY cheaper at the hospital pharmacy than anywhere else in the city I've discovered) and to stop by Dr Buie's clinic to politely remind him that I am still waiting to hear about my sineogram that happened a month ago. I talked to his secretary and she said that Dr Buie was actually away for the whole month of August. An entire month! My first thought was how dare he, but I soon realized that he can't tell everyone when he's leaving and how long he's going for. I've seen him at the hospital at all hours on all days of the week so I'm glad he's away from work and hanging out with his family.

So the plan is for Trish (his nurse) to review the test and discuss the results with me on the phone later today and depending on what needs to be done she can probably book the next sineogram or glue insertion, whatever needs to happen. At least things seem to be moving forward somewhat, though it now looks like an end of August start date for chemo is all but impossible.

I went to see District 9 last night. It was really well done and worth the twelve bucks to see it in the theatre IF you like alien movies. It's not really a date movie though...

No comments: