www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thirty-two


Blogging with Dad, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

Today is my thirty second birthday. Yahoo! The celebrations started Friday night with a guys night out for supper and movie (thanks for organizing Kev! and thanks for coming all). We went to Buchanan's for supper then to Eau Claire where we saw Gran Torino (with Clint Eastwood - think Dirty Harry in 'Depends'). Both supper and the movie were great. Clint Eastwood sure plays a convincing geriatric racist - it's well worth the twelve bucks if you're shopping for something to see. Today we headed to Penny's parents place for brunch and a get together with her family (thanks for organizing Sandi!). My mum surprised me and flew out for the day. It's been great to see her and hang out. We made it back home at about three o'clock so the kids could nap and we could work on supper. At my own request I made my own birthday dinner (beer beef stew with cheddar biscuits) while Penny baked a cake (carrot with pineapple - my favourite).

What a great birthday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan!! I was going to say belated but with the time difference I am sitting in tomorrow during your today- just call me Michael J. x Sabrina

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome birthday. That meal sounds tasty! We just saw Gran Torino too - I haven't laughed so hard in a while. The acting wasn't the best (besides Clint Eastwood) but I agree, worth seeing for sure.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan! Sounds like it was a good one. Enjoy that yummy cake...that's Jay's fav too! Good news on the surgery date....now enjoy the next few weeks, and have fun!
carly

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan! You are still young:))))
Could I get some piece of cake from Penny:))
MS