Tuesday, January 6, 2009
The Squeaky Wheel...
Penny and I stopped by my colorectal surgeons clinic when we were at the hospital yesterday. The purpose of this stop was to politely suggest that the date for my CT scan (January 25th) was too far away and that if there was any way they could reschedule it for sooner, please do so. Our thinking (right or wrong I'm not sure - time will tell) was that the sooner we get the tests done, the sooner I can schedule surgery and the sooner I can get this cancer out of my ass. Sure enough we got a call from the nurse today saying that I have been scheduled for a CT scan on Friday. It seems that the squeaky wheel does in fact get the grease.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally agree with that. There were times when I would "politely" ask for quicker test dates or even better chemo times and my nurses were always happy to oblige. I hope all goes well for you. Jen
I just finished your blog (finally) and think it is a great way to communicate what you and your family are going through. In Fact it is my first blog ever.
I hope the MRI and CT scan go as well as possible. I agree that the sooner you get the nasty bits out the better. Marcy has always been a huge fan of being a squeaky wheel.
Rich
Hi Dan,
I too was a 'squeaky wheel. I went to both Canmore and High River for CT scans.
It seems if you're willing to go out of town you can get in sooner.
Also, I called Dr. Buie's assistant every single day to ask about a surgery date.
I'm sure it drove her nuts, but it worked!
I got a call on a Thursday afternoon about a cancellation for the next day and took it.
Keep at them...good luck!
Gayle
Post a Comment