www.flickr.com

Monday, January 19, 2009

Save the date

I got a call this morning from Dr Buie's office confirming my February 10 surgery date (up until today they only had me 'penciled in' for surgery that day). It's a big relief to have a firm date in mind. Now we can make more concrete plans for the next three weeks. So far those plans include a downhill ski day, a cross country ski day and a trip to Radium hot springs. Of course I'll be keeping up my squeaky wheel routine in an attempt to get in earlier if possible.

The only cancer related event between now an then will be a consultation with the anaesthetist and the "medical people" (That's what Dr. Buie called them - I assume they are the team that is responsible for my care immediately pre and post-operatively. Nurse buddies Vicky or Marcy fell free to post a comment to correct me if I'm wrong). Whoever they are, they want to get some details on my medical history. Specifically they want details on my heart condition, before I get in there on the day of my surgery. I can't even begin to count the number of times in the last 4 months that I've had to provide a detailed medical history. I pretty much have it all down pat now back as far as the operation I had when I was five weeks old. They want details I'll give them details!

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan! Glad to hear that you have a date now...you look great by the way:)

Nisha