www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Concert time!


Green frog and a purple cat, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

This past weekend we had our fall concert for Carly and Andrew's music with your baby classes. One of the benefits of being home now is that I can take Carly to her music classes on Thursdays (Penny goes with Andrew to his on Tuesdays). I think I took Carly to all but one of the classes this fall. It was great fun for both of us and was somewhat therapeutic for me. I found myself looking forward to it every week. Even when I wasn't feeling great I made myself go and always had a good time.

At the concert, Andrew and Carly both participated in the "Brown Bear" song (Carly wasn't in the class but helped out with the performance - see picture above) and Carly also performed with her class. Carly's Thursday class did 2 songs: "Autumn leaves" and "Sway/jump". The funny part is, both songs required singing and dancing on stage with scarves in front of a few hundred people. Now that sounds like tons of fun if you're three but for the dad's in the class (parents participate in the concert too) it was cause for minor concern. In the end only one dad chickened out (not me!) and the concert went on in style. It was great fun. Thanks Patti!

No comments: